The Hello Cup is a complete game changer when it comes to periods. Designed and made in New Zealand, they are the menstrual cups everyone is talking about. Not only are they saving women thousands of dollars, they’re also freeing up our drains and landfills. Put simply they are ‘bloody brilliant’.
Why the Hello Cup?
- designed and made in New Zealand
- Hello Cups hold around three times the amount of tampons
- they can be left in for up to 12 hours
- perfect for sleeping, exercising or swimming in - and particularly great when you want to bust out some 80’s dance moves
- the Hello Cup is designed to be as smooth as possible for both comfort and hygiene reasons
- Hello cups come in three sizes: xs (teen), s/m (small/medium) and l (large, or,= as we prefer, ‘lovely’)
- the Hello Cup is made from ‘thermoplastic elastomer’ commonly referred to as TPE. It is a type of medical grade plastic which we import from the world’s leading manufacturer in Germany. (The same company makes hospital supplies such as catheters - and are fully certified)
- the benefits of TPE over silicone (which many menstrual cups are made from) include: it is fully recyclable at the end of its life, it is soft to the touch, it is hypoallergenic so able to be used by women who have silicone sensitivities, it uses less energy to produce
- the lifespan of a Hello Cup is at least five years - as long as it is cared for properly and kept out of direct sunlight
- first time users - girls can use cups from when they first get their period
- Hello Cups need to be sterilised at the end of each cycle. In-between they can be simply washed with hot water and a mild cleanser, rinsed under a tap or wiped out with loo paper (if there is no tap available)
- manufactured in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand
- women with prolapses and IUDs can use Hello Cups
- Hello Cup is FDA registered
What’s in a Hello Cup box?
Each box contains a Hello Cup in an white cotton embroidered Hello drawstring storage bag (double boxes contain two cups in individual bags) and detailed instructions.
What Hello Cup customers say:
“I’d just like to say your cups are amazing! I tried the Hello Cup out fo the first time today and got it first try! So much easier than my other one, and it’s actually far more comfortable!.” Liv
“I was super excited to try my Hello Cup as I had heard lots of good things and it definitely did live up to expectations. Not only will the Hello Cup last for years, but it was also save you heaps of money and it’s also good for the environment,” Heidi
“I just used my Hello Cup and found it so much easier than expected to insert and wear…you are so right when you say the cup is a game changer. This thing is awesome,” Ester
“Only two days into using my Hello Cup and I realise my life has been changed. I am so in love! I’m so impressed and just wish I made the decision to get a cup sooner. Thank you, thank you,” Ebba
“I am totally stoked with my Hello Cup. I am finding it very easy to use. Thanks so much for a game changer of a product,” Donna
“Um amazing! I’m at a loss for words as to why I haven’t taken the leap from tampons to cups before! First time user and already I can tell I’ll be a lifetime customer,” Anna
Having been lifelong friends, no conversation is off limits, so when Hello Cup founders Robyn McLean and Mary Bond started talking about how wasteful and expensive tampons and pads were, they decided to do something about it.
After learning over 7 billion tampons and pads go into landfills globally each year (and then they take 500 years to breakdown), Robyn and Mary started to research menstrual cups. After looking for a New Zealand made menstrual cup and coming up short, they decided to design and make their own. Right here in New Zealand. Choice.
After trying a variety of cups, it soon became apparent to Robyn and Mary that not all Cups are made equal. They wanted to create a Cup they had 100% confidence in - from comfort and design through to materials used and the service provided.
The Hello Cup was born in December 2017.
Robyn, a former journalist and PR manager, looks after the marketing side of things. Mary, a registered nurse, deals with customers who want specific advise and guidance. She is also our logistics guru and is building the Hello Cup education programme.
Robyn and Mary, believe menstrual cups are a big part of the future of women’s health. They have so many benefits - from saving money, to being environmental friendly and having a far greater capacity than other options on the market.
They are passionate about their business and have very high standards and pride themselves on customer service and helping their customers to find the right Hello Cup for them.
If you’d like to know more drop us a line or give us a call:
m: +64 21848481