Seattle, WA – This winter, Rosanna makes a triumphant return to tabletop, redefining the genre with forms that reflect today’s preferences of entertaining and dining.
“The farm-to-table movement has changed the way we eat. People are eating vegetarian and often sharing plates. The quality of the food we eat is extremely important and is in vogue right now as well,” says Rosanna Bowles, President and Art Director of Rosanna. “We returned to tabletop as an answer to what’s going on in the country and around the world and because we see people coming back to the table because they have a desire to connect and feel like they’re a part of something. It makes them feel safe and it creates conviviality.
Nearly every piece from this season’s collection showcases the touch of a human hand. Many pieces center on hand-drawn or hand-painted illustrations, or feature a hand-designed font. Artist Sketchbook: Farm To Table and Artist Sketchbook: A Walk In The Woods revel in human artistry and linger on the wonders of the natural world. A collection called Phenomenal Women (a nod to Maya Angelou’s fa-mous poem “Phenomenal Woman”) boasts hand-designed illustrations that remind women they are the architects of their futures.
Rosanna’s Fall & Winter 2018 line is comprised of the following seven collections:
• Artist Sketchbook: Farm To Table: Meals should be feasts for the eyestoo. Farm To Table encourages mindful eating, impromptu entertaining, andeclectic table settings. Hand-painted illustrations celebrate the innate beauty of the garden.
• Artist Sketchbook: Walk in the Woods: Revel in nature’s beauty with this evergreen collection. The hand-drawn artwork and forms are reminiscent of the 1960s and look as though they too were taken directly from an artist’s sketchbook.
• Here’s to You: Celebrate you! These mugs are two gifts in one: a greeting card and a mug celebrating a milestone birthday.
• Bubbly Bar: Pop some bubbly with friends and see where the night takes you! These 1960s-inspired forms create a sophisticated and glamorous bar for cocktails and cocktail treats.
• Phenomenal Women: From ruling kingdoms to hurtling through outer space, women have been achieving phenomenal things since the dawn of time. This collection is released in anticipation of the 100th anniversary of women winning the right to vote in 2020.
• Santa and Friends: Stay jolly with mugs, a pitcher, and a plate just for Santa.Santa and Friends is a nod to the 1950s, but updated with a modern twist.The eggnog pitcher makes for a festive way to celebrate the holidays.
• Purr & Wag: Furry friends bring joy to our lives. Show off how much you love the ones who meow and woof with these mugs.
“Coming together is more important than ever,” says Bowles. “With this collection, we’re encouraging people to come together again, but in a less structured and less formal way that doesn’t involve a lot of planning and prep. We want this collection to bring about conviviality and gathering together, whether at the table, an open bar, or a soirée.”
To learn more about Rosanna, visit http://www.rosannainc.com.
Rosanna is an award-winning international tableware and design house founded in 1982 by President and Art Director Rosanna Bowles. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. Visit the Rosanna website at www.rosannainc.com to learn more.