NY NOW BOOTH # 1275, Handmade Designer Maker section
CONTACT: Heather Blasko, epiphany glass studios PR 248.310.7405
EPIPHANY STUDIOS DEBUTS AT NY NOW 2018 WINTER MARKET
Featuring Sculptural Glass Vessels and Gifts in Handmade Designer Maker Section
PONTIAC, MICH., Jan. 10, 2018 – epiphany glass studios, one of the Midwest’s largest private hot glass facilities, will make its show debut at the NY NOW® winter 2018 market, February 4-7, at The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Glass artist April Wagner, owner of the 4,000-sq. ft. Pontiac, Michigan, studio, will feature hand-blown glass vessels, elegant and functional wine decanters and an array of colorful gift items from paperweights to pint glasses, all designed and individually handcrafted with a contemporary approach.
“We are excited to join the ranks of the NY NOW market to introduce our hand-blown glass pieces to new audiences worldwide,” said artist and epiphany studios owner April Wagner. “We have carefully designed and blown each piece by hand, creating not only elegant pieces of art for the home, but also functional vessels which are perfectly suited for celebrations and special occasions. For the gift market, we feature a series of colorful paperweights and uniquely beautiful twisted leaf ornaments, as well as our popular paw print pint glasses designed for our partnership with the Michigan Humane Society.”
Many of Wagner’s pieces are inspired by her love of nature, and she notes, “Everything in nature is beautifully designed and that design serves a function
- by using color, scale and form.” In her artwork, the vibrant colors, hues and shades of glass combined with the fluidity and flexibility of the medium, come together to provide limitless interpretation of the natural world through glass art. Working in a studio adjacent to a flowing river, Wagner finds daily inspiration in her surroundings and the seasons of the Midwest.
Wagner is known for her larger-than-life glass sculptures which grace both public and private locations throughout the nation. From public commissions of artwork to massive, two-story, dangling chandeliers of glass, Wagner’s custom work has a reputation for the highest craftsmanship, quality and artistry in the industry. Her epiphany studios line, featured at the NY NOW market, upholds these high standards of design and creation in all of the handmade pieces.
- The Nest Vase series is a contemporary, functional conversation starter meant to hold flowers or to be the beautiful decorative accessory in any room. A hand-blown colored glass vase is carefully adorned with layers of crystal strands of hot glass around the outside, creating a cage-like lattice work around the vase. Often thought to look like root systems, the Nest Vase series is a sophisticated nod to the beauty of forms found in nature. Averaging 7" x 7" x 8" in size. Assorted vase shapes and colors available at epiphany studios – Vessels.
- The Paw Print Pint Glasses were developed for a partnership with the Michigan Humane Society. We created a pet-themed line of functional and decorative pieces that reflects our love of 4-legged friends and fur babies. The Pint Glasses are only one part of the collection, which benefits the MHS and their animal rescue efforts. To see the entire line of pieces, visit our website at epiphany studios - Special Collections.
- The Rainbow Paperweight is one of the most popular sellers from our paperweight series. Sculpted from the inside out, the complex layering of colors reveals expert craftsmanship. This bright, colorful paperweight is dazzling to look at, bringing joy to the viewer. Other designs from our paperweight series can be found at epiphany studios – Objects. Averaging 3” x 3” x 3” – 5” x 5” x 1.5” in size, each paperweight is signed and dated on the bottom.
- The Tornado Decanter is a unique, fresh and highly functional design for a wine decanter, created by glass artist April Wagner. The wine is perfectly aerated when poured into the chamber of the decanter by the internal glass spiral. As is flows down the spirals and swirls into the bottom, the wine is filled with air. Not only is the wine aerated to perfection, but the ceremony of the pouring is dramatic - and a true conversation starter. More elegant decanter designs can be found at epiphany studios – Vessels.
- The Twisted Leaf Ornaments are one of the many uniquely shaped ornaments in our collection. Yes, we do the standard round ones too, but we love the unique sparkle and visual interest that these leaf shapes add to a decorated tree or sunny window. Stand apart from the crowd and express your creativity! Other design available at epiphany studios - Objects.
- The Zanfirico series is a combination of traditional Italian glassmaking techniques paired with a contemporary take on pattern and color combination. Expertly crafted, each of the larger pieces is one-of-a-kind. Smaller bowls and vases are available in a limited series. More variations can be found on our website at epiphany studios - Vessels. Sizes range from 7"d x 3"h to 9"d x 10"h.
About NY NOW
The winter 2018 edition of NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will take place February 3-7, 2018 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NY NOW features three comprehensive collections – HOME, LIFESTYLE and HANDMADE – that encompass tens of thousands of products in hundreds of product categories. The Handmade® Global Design section of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Saturday, February 3 and close on Tuesday, February 6, on Level 4 in the River Pavilion. The HOME and LIFESTYLE Collections, as well as the Handmade®Designer Maker and Artisan Resource® sections of the HANDMADE Collection will open on Sunday, February 4 and close on Wednesday, February 7 on Levels 1 and 3. Attendees from all 50 states and nearly 70 countries worldwide are expected. More information about NY NOW can be found at www.nynow.com.
epiphany glass, www.epiphanyglass.com, is a state-of-the-art, 4,000 sq. ft. glassblowing studio and gallery located in Pontiac, Michigan. Since 1997, epiphany’s distinctive look has been created by artist and owner April Wagner. Wagner adds a contemporary twist to the traditional fazzoletto technique, which originated in the Venini factory of Murano, Italy, during the 1930s and was later popularized by Seattle glass artists. Her work is found in many public and private collections, including those of GM, Pfizer, Strategic Staffing Solutions, Vladimir Putin, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson. It is the only hot glass studio to receive WBENC certification.
Hi-rez Images are available at this Dropbox link and upon request.
NY NOW BOOTH # 1275, Handmade Designer Maker section
# # #